So today marks the start of a very important journey for me. Those you have known me for a long time (Becky) know that I have STRUGGLED with my weight forever!! There have been several time which I have taken off many pounds.
Such as the summer after I graduated from high school. That summer I lost so much weight that Dad said I looked sick, I even wore pants smaller than Becky.
Right before Alex was born I lost quite a bit and felt very healthy and energetic. Of course once he was born I fell into a rut not only did I not loose the baby weight but gained that & more back.
The year that I completed my pre-requisites for nursing school was another great weight loss year, 80 pounds were shed. Thanks to the stress of nursing school and life in general those pounds and a few more returned; actually more than a few.
Well today is the start of another weight loss journey. The hospital is a sponsor sight for The Star-Herald's GetFit challenge. There are teams of 4 competing for $1000. The team that looses the highest % of weight in 12 weeks wins the $$$$. I know that having surgery last Thursday puts me at a disadvantage but I do not want to put it off.
Kendal is quite encouraging and has even volunteered to be my personal trainer. He is a bit over-zealous though and is having a hard time grasping my restrictions due to surgery. He wants me doing crunches and push-ups, not quite yet buddy!
This afternoon at 3:00 we weigh-in and get our pics taken. I am not sure which part will be worse, the fact that someone else will be looking when I get on the scale or that I have to have my picture taken.
So my plan is to use my blog to chart my progress. I am not comfortable using my facebook page for that. There are way TOO many people on facebook for me to want to bare my sole there.
So stay posted to follow my highs & lows in the coming weeks. I hope that anyone who reads this will understand my need for support and encouragement and remember that when making any comments.
1 comment:
I am behind you 100%, Trish! I, too, have struggled with my weight all my life. Lost several pounds, several times, but always gain it back...plus more. With all we have been through in the last 2 yrs, I have gained so much that I now weigh 10 pounds more than I did when I was 9 months pregnant. It sickens and saddens me. I hope 2011is the year for all of us to lose those unwanted pounds and get healthy!
Post a Comment