WoooHooo, Sunday night is date night at the Colson household.The boys go to youth group and Tracey and I are able to eat dinner just the two of us and talk about whatever we want! On the menu for tonight is baked potatoes, pasta salad and steaks.
We had a special service at church today. They planned the entire service around the Hanging of the Greens, which is when they decorate the sanctuary for the Christmas season. This also means that we were able to sing Christmas songs as well, this is my favorite time of year for hymns during church! Anyway after church they had a carry-in dinner, which I made the boys favorite, Italian Corn and brought home an empty crock-pot.
After church Tracey and I went to the store and bought groceries for the week. Since school has started I have started planning our meals out for the entire week and it sure saves me all of those last minute trips to the store and I always know what is for dinner when I get home from work. By doing this I also cut our grocery bill by nearly 1/3!
The house looks so nice since we got the tree decorated and the packages under it. I have to share a funny. For the past several years I have wrapped all of the boys packages in a specific paper for each of them. Last year they figured out which packages where who's so this year I decided to change things a bit. I wrapped them in several different papers and then tied ribbon around them, each of the boys has one color of ribbon on all of his certain packages. This sure does keep them guessing, last night Kendal even asked me who one of the packages belonged to since it didn't have a tag on it. Oh the things which we adults find humor in!!
I got all of my Christmas cards stuffed and licked so they are ready to be mailed in the morning. I put them in a narrow shoe box and will just place the shoe box in our mailbox on my way to work in the morning!! I figured that since I didn't get Christmas cards mailed last year and we have moved this year I had better get them out early.
Well I don't know much exciting and there is a load of laundry that needs to be folded.
No comments:
Post a Comment