What a difference 24 hours makes!!! Last night I was bragging up my kids like none other and tonight I would nearly pay someone to take the teenager!!! He threw a MAJOR hissing fit because we wouldn't let him go to the opening of Twilight, the movie, at midnight tonight. HELLO, it is a school night and it doesn't start until midnight. Is it just me or does common sense say that it is absolutely CRAZY to let a 16 year old go to a movie at that time of night when they have school the next morning? Well needless to say by the time the night was done he had lost his phone and the car for the next week and he now is grounded and can't go to the party for Lindsey, (the driver of the car accident 2 weeks ago) tomorrow night!! It isn't that often that Tracey and I say no to something that he wants to do, with-in reason, but when we do we DONOT back down and change our minds. The fact that he threw a major fit pushed me over the edge and I went postal, (its that Red-headed German/Chech thing I swear) it will do a mom in every time!!
Okay now that I have vented, we are no longer yelling and he did tell me that he loves me so we must be making progress. I swear though sometimes if I had known how difficult the teenage years were going to be I would have stopped after one child, especially since I strongly believe that Kendal is going to be the easier of the two.
On to a better note. The surgery dept has no surgeries scheduled tomorrow so we are making a trip to Cheyenne!! Happy me, Hobby Lobby and Olive Garden here I come!!
3 comments:
YOu LUCKY DOG! I want to come, too!?!?
Good job on standing your ground Mama! Life is tough with these younguns', I'm with ya!
Being the good parent a lot of times means being the bad guy. It sounds like you have good standards to live by, keep it up!
Wish I was shopping!!
Trish, you crack me up! Way to go on standing your ground, tho!
Post a Comment