Saturday, November 29, 2008

I'm Back!

Yes I know I have been slacking on my posts, but what can I say it has been a crazy week! Tuesday we were on the run non-stop at work; I went to the deli and picked up chicken and salads for supper, then it was off to Mitchell for Alex and I for scouts, Tracey to the baseball board meeting and Kendal was allowed to go to the movie ( with added chores the next day for early ungrounding).
Weds. I got off work at 4:00 not the planned 2:00, thanks to the doctor running late for his noon procedure. I made a mad dash home to change, pack, and filled up the trailblazer then we were off for Chadron. We celebrated my brother's birthday and then Tracey, Mark and I stayed up until 3:00 am playing cards; the rest of the gang called it quits around midnight.
Thursday we were up by 8:30 (Tracey was the last to rise) and it was out to the ranch we went. Thanksgiving day was a great day and it was the first time the entire family was together in I don't know how long. The kids had a great time playing and visiting and of course the adults engaged in the traditional after dinner game of cards. We drove home after dark and by the time we unloaded the vehicle it was 8:00pm. I was whooped but Kendal, who had slept the entire drive home, wanted to go in and see Courtney so I stayed up until he got home at 10:00pm.
I was up at 3:00 am for Black Friday shopping in Scottsbluff, with the Nikont's and Noble's. Tracey had to work so he was not able to join us. I could not believe the number of people who had their children out at such an early hour when I was at Walmart at 4:40 in the morning!! I found some pretty good deals and only need a few select items in order to be finished with my shopping. I did sneak in a nap before the boys and I met Tracey in town for some family bowling and burgers out. The best part of the day however was the Husker win!
Today we decorated the tree and I printed off my Christmas letter. My plan is to fold and stuff the letters in the envelopes tomorrow afternoon so I can get them in the mail. Tracey and I went to town after lunch to buy wrapping paper, since he and the boys were unable to find it when they brought up the decorations. Luckily it was on sale 50% off at Pamida so I didn't feel so bad when I bought 4 big rolls. I wrapped all the presents which I had been hoarding and hiding for the past 2 1/2 months. In between all my other tasks I was able to complete the weeks laundry.

No comments: