Well so far this week my boys have had 2 snow days from school. That's right not only did they have a snow day on Monday which I had pretty much predicted they also had one today. While we have not received any new snow since early yesterday the wind blew about 45 mph last night and did a nasty number on the roads. Thus it was nearly impossible for the buses to run and so another day full of happy children! My guys did actually get all of their chores done today, of course I promised to take away ALL TV and computer privileges for a week if they weren't done when I got home from work! They also had time to dig a tunnel through the 6 foot drift of snow which had accumulated in my garden. I was quite impressed by the tunnel, Kendal is able to stand on top of it and jump up and down without it caving in. They had started a 2nd tunnel but did not have time to complete it and their chores. I have been told that they are planning to finish it after school tomorrow.
Unfortunately I have not had any snow days this week. My work schedule has been effected by the weather though. On Monday our surgeon was not able to get here and on Tuesday we had a patient that wasn't able to get to the hospital. Oh, well at least they were not in a ditch somewhere trying to get to us.
As this week winds down I find myself in a ho-hum of moods. Tracey is leaving for Kansas on Sunday and he will be gone for 2 weeks. I am not ready for the huge short-term change in our household. While occasionally there are moments when I miss our life in Hemingford the move to Torrington really has been a positive one for our family. Tracey and I are much closer and our marriage is probably the strongest that it has ever been. There is something about jumping out on a limb and making a major change in ones life that either makes or breaks a family. I can honestly say that it has really "made" our family. While we are as busy if not more so than we were in Hemingford, I feel that we spend a great deal more time together as a family. In addition our Faith and Believe in God has become much more important. Tracey seems to actually enjoy going to church and that is such a heart-warming thing for me that it is amazing. The boys have grown and matured so much that it emphasizes the fact that they are only mine for such a short period of time.
It is becoming so obvious that period is coming to a fast end with Kendal. He has taken on huge leadership roles which would have never happened in Hemingford. He is the youth representative for the Church Youth Group and he is the Senior Patrol Leader for the new Boy Scout Troop we are getting up and running. In addition he is doing well in school, which really concerned us when we made the move to a much bigger school district.
Alex also has blossomed. Both at school and church I am told what a joy he is to have around. He is really starting to show the true intelligence which everyone has known that he was hiding all this time. He has started exploring new and different activities which he enjoys not just because Kendal is doing them. This is so important to both Tracey and I that he knows that he can be his own person, not Kendal's shadow!
Okay enough of my sappy and babbling bragging rambling on. I need to get the laundry switched and then to bed. Tomorrow is looking to be a busy day, we've already had one surgery added on after I left for the day at 3:30. Have a great day everyone and don't forget to take time to smell the roses!
1 comment:
You're so right, though Trish. The boys (and all of our kids) will be gone before we know it. And once in a while, it is really nice to know that they're doing well, and will be okay when they are let loose into this crazy beautiful world!!!
Don't work too hard -- see you soon!
Post a Comment