I awoke at 5:00 this morning to a beautiful coating of white snow on the ground!!! While I was excited to see the snow; the dog was less than impressed when I let him out to do his morning "business". I must admit I was a bit worried about Kendal driving to town in the snow. The drifts across the road on the way to town were mighty big and this is the most snow we have gotten since he has started to drive. Of course my worrying was for not as he had no problems at all. He has no activities this weekend as there was no parent able to go to Spearfish for the track meet tomorrow and there is no Student Congress at this weekend's speech meet. This will be the first weekend in quite some time that he will be home on a Saturday. What he doesn't know is that there is a list of chores ready for him in the morning.
After school this afternoon Alex went to the neighbor's house and went sledding down the huge hill next to their house. He came home refreshed and said that he had a great time, of course he's my child! He was supposed to go to the Middle School dance tonight but the DJ called and said that he was snowed in so the dance was postponed. He has his final class and test for Hunter's Ed tomorrow at 12:30. Hopefully he passes or there will be no deer season for him in the fall.
I got off work at 2:00 this afternoon and went to the grocery store and then to the scrapbooking store before coming home and starting the weekly laundry chore. Since I had a yummy Cheesy Veggie Soup in the crockpot before I went to work at 6:15 this morning; supper was ready and waiting when it was time for supper. All pre-made plans for the night were postponed or changed d/t the snow so we had "Family Movie Night" and watched "The Bucket List" in the living room snuggled under blankets.
Well the laundry needs switched and it would be nice to get to bed at a decent time. Take care all and Happy Weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment