Today marks Tracey and my 18th anniversary of our first date. Yes this may seem a bit corny but I this is longer than any of my co-workers have been with their significant others and only one of them is younger than me. It is quite sad to me that many times couples treat their relationship as disposable as many other items in our society these days. While I am the first to admit that there are reasons for divorce but often times if couples could just look past the outward problems and dig deeper into why they actually became a couple to start with the marriage may be saved. I know that during the time when I was going to nursing school there were several times which it would have been easy for me to have called it quits, but Tracey and I were always able to find a way to either iron out the wrinkles or we waded through the deep end until we got to the shore again.
Okay enough of my philosophy lesson for the day. We have about 4-5 inches of snow at our house and it is very exciting that we finally have both some winter and some much needed moisture. Kendal went sledding with friends yesterday and had a great time.
Alex did great at hunter's ed yesterday and past his test answering 98 of the 100 questions correctly! He was the one of the first done with the test, with only a few adults completing the test before he did. He had a great time shooting the different types of firearms that they had available, especially the black-powder gun.
Well it is finally my turn for the shower, so I had better get it in gear as I don't want to be the reason why we are late for church.
1 comment:
Thanks for the inspiration.... I needed it at this exact moment! Miss ya!
Post a Comment