Friday, December 26, 2008

What a Day!!

Well I must start by saying that this Christmas turned out to be one of the worst one ever for me. Yes, the boys were fun to watch with all their new presents and I thoroughly enjoyed being home all day with my guys but the day ended on a very horrible and sad note. I was getting ready to wash my hands and apply some lotion after using the restroom; so I took off my rings and you guessed it; my wedding ring fell into the toilet which was still flushing!!! After daily wearing for 17 1/2 years it was gone! I yelled and instantly started to cry. While it was not huge or overly ornate it was the symbol of love and the promise which Tracey and I made to remain true to each other for the rest of our lives and it was gone in an instant. Tracey was (and still remains) understanding and said that it was an accident and he is still married to me and doesn't love me any less, but it is still the fact that it is gone!
Ok enough of my pity party. I finished dad's scrapbook yesterday evening and we are ready for Christmas with my family. We are planning to leave for Chadron tomorrow afternoon and then come home sometime Sunday. I think that we are going to leave early enough that the guys can take the new 22's out to the forest and get in some target practice before it gets dark out. I am excited about getting to together with the family and truly wish that we could gather on a more regular basis. Well I am going to go spend some time with my hubby and boys before crashing for the night.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Oh Trish, I want to cry for you! I am so sorry you lost your ring. Too bad there wasn't a way to get it back. Maybe you can go sewer swimming!? =)JK!!

You have got to be kidding me... said...

Trish that is terribly sad! I would have cried too.

Jess -n- Jason -n- Crew said...

Trish -- I am crying with you! I am so sorry!