Sunday, December 14, 2008
WATER UPDATE!!!
Well here's an update on the water situation. We got the pipe thawed and in the process it did crack. To make matters worse there is only one water shut-off in the house so we had to shut off the water to the whole house in order to keep water from spraying all over my bedroom closet. Tracey called the landlord and we can't get a plumber until tomorrow. Tracey is now taking tomorrow off from work and waiting for the plumber to come and fixed the broken pipe. Tracey does not have the tools or the piping to fix it himself or he would, but because of the placement of the pipe that is not going to happen. So I used bottled water to wash my hair in the kitchen sink and heated some water on the stove and am going to do the sponge bath thing before work in the morning. Yes we could pitch a fit but we could very easily be on the otherside of the fence with our rental house in Hemingford. I am just thankful that we have heat and the landlord is the one financially responsible for the repairs not us. Good night and I hope that you all enjoy and appreciate your hot showers, I know that I will not take them quite so much for granted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ummmm, what a deal! Bottle water to wash the hair? UGH! Praying for you guys!
Yikes! Our thoughts and prayers are with you -- hope everything gets settled down and back to normal. Sorry about you missing out on part of date night -- you'll just have to make up for it next week...?!?!
We're praying for you!
Post a Comment