Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Home At Last!

Well, today wasn't as long as a feared. I was off work by 4:15 and home by a little after 5:00 so it could have been much worse. Tracey was busily baking his peanut-butter cookies when I got home and the soup was smelling yummy. Kendal was at a get-together for some of Donna-May's close friends so we waited for him to eat supper. After supper Alex did the dishes and practiced his drum. I have already done my bonding time with the tread-mill and am now in my jammies. It sure is nice to be in my comfy clothes already.
I am very anxiously awaiting the arrival of the remaining pictures I need to start dad's scrapbook. He is so incredibly hard to buy for and mom suggested a scrapbook of his hunting pictures. I have enlisted the help of my siblings and they are giving me pictures of the kiddo's and themselves hunting, fishing, and having fun outside. Mom also gave me a newspaper article which was written of a "famous" buck deer that was on the ranch when my grandparents were young. I may even do a scrapbook for Tracey's dad, since Tracey is having difficulty finding what he wants to buy his dad for Christmas.
The guys and I planned our menu for Christmas day this evening. Since Tracey and I both have to work on Christmas eve and the 26th we will be staying home on Christmas Day, just the 4 of us. It will be the first time that we have spend the holiday without extra family and it will be a bit different. Kendal would like for Courtney to come out for a while, which I don't have a problem with but I have a feeling that her parent's may feel differently, as it really is a family day so we will have to wait and see what happens.

No comments: