Monday, December 15, 2008
Tomorrow is Another Day
One should NEVER say that it can't get worse because it just might. At 6:15 this morning the phone rang and it was our tenant in Hemingford and guess what? That's right, they had no water. The water had frozen and they had been out for 45 minutes, when it rains it really does pour!!! So Tracey made a temporary fix to our problems here, the plumber couldn't get here today and then he made a mad dash to Hemingford. When he got there he discovered that the heat tape that was wrapped around the water pipes had died, so he ended up replacing the heat tape and thawing out the pipes with a friend's hairdryer. To top it all off I woke up sick and since we had a full day of surgery and endo cases scheduled, there was no way in good conscious that I could call in sick. I dosed up on Dayquil and went to work. Tracey and the boys are at Courtney's choir concert and I am on the couch "dying" with the crud!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OMG! I am so sorry for all your troubles this week! I can't believe it! At least this will be the end of it, right? Your illness, pipes at your house, and pipes in Hemingford -- that's 3, and these things typically come in threes, so you're done. Pray for that!
Hope things get better -- we're praying for you and your family. Hugs!
Post a Comment