Saturday, December 13, 2008

Finally the Weekend

YaHoo!! We survived the week and Saturday is finally here!! It has been a very stressful week at our house and it came to a HUGE head last night. Kendal and Courtney broke up last night. I will not go into details as they are not all clear to me, but needless to say it was a long night and I don't think that Kendal has many tears left.
Today I stayed home did laundry (the last load is in the drier as I type this up), baked a HUGE batch of Monster Cookies, and started Dad's scrapbook. Kendal had a math class this morning and was in town at 8:15, he went in early hoping to get things finished and be able to leave early but it didn't work that way, I can't blame him for trying though. Hopefully he was able to do enough work to bring up his grade, he has really struggled in that class this year. Tracey and Alex were in Mitchell at 8:00 this morning for Scouts. They were picking up food bags for the food drive. Alex told me that they collected over 1200 pounds of food, how AMAZING is that!!!!
Tracey and Kendal went back to Mitchell this afternoon to watch the Hemingford kids play basketball. I think that Kendal will always think of Hemingford as home and remains in close contact with so many of his classmates from there. Alex and I went to town and bought the gifts for the boys to take to youth group for the Christmas party tomorrow. Tonight Tracey has his Christmas party for work and I am going to meet him in Morrill for it.
With all of the baking, wrapping of Christmas presents, and receiving cards in the mail I am really in the holiday spirit and the only thing which would make it better is, you guessed it, SNOW. I am hoping that with this cold front that is moving through there will be some snow with it. Of course it will probably blizzard the end of this week since the speech team is travelling to Cheyenne on Friday and Saturday for their next meet. It will be the first time Kendal has competed since the last time they were supposed to go the Torringotn kids didn't go because of the weather.

No comments: