Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back in the Swing of Things!

So school has been in session for several weeks now and I think that we are starting to establish some resemblance of a routine. Since Kendal's driving privileges are limited Alex is riding the bus to school in the morning and I am picking him up after football practice. He had his first game last night, unfortunately he never got on the field. Needless to say he was quite disappointed. I have to say the fact that they lost 36-18 and there were 4 different kids that didn't play and about 4-5 others that played less than 3 minutes I was not too impressed with the game. But since I am not the coach there is nothing which I can do about it besides encourage Alex to go to practice and give it 110%.
Kendal is adjusting to college better than we anticipated and has shown a huge improvement in responsibility to getting his homework done. Of course he knows that if he doesn't pass all of his classes he will loose his Hathaway scholarship. He has been working as many hours as he can get in, mostly because he has a goal for the extra cash. Tracey's Uncle Bob GAVE Kendal an old 1973 Jeep which hadn't run in 5 years. Kendal has been spending nearly every extra minute he has and any extra cash into getting the Jeep running. With Tracey's help it now starts and is legally licensed at the court house.
Last weekend we re-shingled the house in Hemingford with the help of Mark, Carlee, Jadyn, & Bill on Saturday and Sunday. It was alot of hard work but it sure is a nice feeling to have such a HUGE task completed.
Well the Rockies are done playing and I have another early morning tomorrow. I am going to make an honest effort to try and stay on top of my posting again, now that summer is over and we getting a routine going again.

2 comments:

beckyw said...

lOVE YA bESTIE!

Jess -n- Jason -n- Crew said...

Glad things went well with the house reshingling. That's a bear of a task, but it is SO nice when it's done.

Super tickled to hear that Kendal is adjusting to college life well.

Alex just needs to keep giving 110%. That's so hard not getting to play. I hate that feeling, because there really just ISN'T anything that you can do about it but pray.

HANG IN THERE! Glad the routine is back -- we're slowly getting there.....