Thursday, September 23, 2010

CRAZY DAY FOR THE FAMILY

I arrived at work today and within 5 minutes slightly realized what chaos was to come! Our surgeon was 30 minutes late d/t an emergency in Scottsbluff. In addition all of our patients were either quite early or late arriving. we also had infusion patients to juggle in our busy area. To top it off Becky's daughter decided to have her baby at 7:00 this morning so we were one staff down and Keith was feeling under the weather. Well Keith persevered and made it through the surgeries and the rest of us swapped around assigned areas to increase efficiency. I clocked out at 5:00 and even went and saw the baby!

Once home I grilled steaks for Tracey & I for supper. Afterwards I started on the project at hand, making spaghetti sauce! Yes, I just finished taking the last of 12 quarts of homemade spaghetti sauce out of the water bath.

Tracey prepared & rubbed down his pork shoulders & beef brisket in preparation for the BBQ when he get off work tomorrow. Oh Yummy, I can already taste the wonderful flavor and can smell the aroma!!!

Alex had football practice and then he took pictures of the girls' volleyball game for the Middle School yearbook. When he got home he helped Tracey get stuff ready for the upcoming hunting trip.

Kendal worked until nearly 8:00 and then his MEAN mommy made him start cleaning the basement. I am quite confused on how a tornado can hit the lower level of a house and yet leave the remainder of a home completely intact.

Well my feet still haven't forgiven me for today and I have another busy day tomorrow. We are painting the ambulatory area as part of the Hospital Campus Clean-up Day. We did our major cleaning on Tuesday and once the painting is completed we have some major organizing planned.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

You are one busy lady! When are you gonna make it this way for some fall scrappin'?!?!