Sunday, April 5, 2009

Not Going Anywhere!!!!!

11:15am
We just spent 15 minutes attempting to get to town. That may not sound like a very long period of time but it was enough for us to try all three different roads which would have led us to town. We even tried going through a field and there was no outlet so we had to turn around and go back.

We are reaching a very critical point in time. Yesterday at lunch Tracey and I SHARED the only Diet Pepsi in the house!!! It is our hope that they will start opening the roads this afternoon and that we can venture to town later on today.

Until that point in time we are snow locked. I just called the hospital and told them to take me off the call list until such a time comes that I can get to town. I am not sure how we will all get where we need to be tomorrow if the roads are not opened. I remember being snowed in as a child but this has never happened to me as an adult. I am very thankful that we have an adequate food supply and the water isn't froze and the power didn't go out.

6:30 pm UPDATE:

Well, the road is clear for now!!! At 2:30 the snow plow went by our house and opened up the road. Tracey and I made the trip to town at 3:00 for groceries, dod food and fountain Diet Pepsi's!!! Unfortunately by the time we made the return trip home it had started to blow and drift across the road again. We have mad the decision that there is NO WAY that Kendal's car can get to town or that the bus can get to the house; so the boys are going to town with Tracey in the morning. At 4:00 I called the hospital and had them put me back on the call list and hopefully this is the last time I will have to modify my call time because of weather!!

No comments: