Yesterday ended up being an even longer day than I had predicted. Just as we were getting ready to dismiss the last of our scheduled surgery patients for the day so that we could be home by 5:45 there was an emergency surgery added on. Since I am now on official buddy-call that meant that I would be staying until the surgery was over and the patient was recovered and taken to the floor. Needless to say I didn't get to watch the boys bowl last night. Actually I didn't get home until 8:15 and the 13 1/2 hour day seemed more like a 20 hr day by the time I was able to take off my shoes. It never ceases to amaze me how those shoes that were oh so comfy at 06:45 can feel like bricks on your feet by the end of the day.
Kendal's track meet in Cheyenne today went well and it seemed a great deal shorter than the previous one. He didn't improve his times this weekend and I am not sure why but that's just the way it goes some times. This next week is the only week that he has off before the regular track season starts on March 9th.
After the meet was over the three kiddos and I went to the mall and then Sam's Club and we were home by 6:30. Courtney joined us for supper before I took her home since there was no-one else at her house this evening. Tracey spent the entire day at work and had only been home for about an hour before the kids and I got there.
Unfortunately Tracey was not feeling any better this evening. But luckily for him I brought home some "GOOD" meds from Cheyenne and I made him dose up before he crashed on the couch at 9:00 tonight. I don't think that he and the boys appreciate my nursing degree most days, but it really does come in handy sometimes.
Well now that I have a load of laundry in both the washer and the dryer I am going to hit the hay. I hope that all of you have a great Sunday and enjoy the beautiful weather.
1 comment:
T -- Glad Kendall is getting along well with his sports. Sounds busy, like it always is!! Hope Tracey is feeling better soon -- our family is finally over most of the icky... Sounds like Cheyenne was fun! TTYL!
Post a Comment