Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Back to the Grindstone

This is a picture of the 5 younger kiddos getting ready to ride the train at the zoo on Sunday. Kendal thought that he was too big for the train, even though there were several adults on the train.
Today was truly my Monday. Yesterday I had my class for re-certifying in NRP, (CPR for babies) and so I really had a 4 day weekend. Today was a bit wacky to say the least, we had many little things which had to be taken care of and also had a lunch hour surgery added on to the schedule. I got to work at 7:20 and left at 1600, and the 8 1/2 hour day seemed like it was 18 hours long. To top it all off I pulled something in my lower back when I picked Denver up from being boarded yesterday; he ran in front of me and I lost my balance and "caught myself". So today I was having a hard time walking or standing for long periods of time, especially since I was unable to take any of my "good" muscle drugs before I went to work this morning.
Tracey had today off and he was able to accomplish many of the small tasks around here that have needed done for months. First off he was able to unload the stuff for his re-laoding bench and get it organized!!! He also cleaned up his big smoker and got it ready for spring use, I know I am wishful thinking about spring. He was even able to get some stuff done to get his retirement funds from the Hemingford Telephone Co. transferred to his Embarq account. To top it off he cooked supper tonight, Yahoo for me!
I did spend 25 minutes on the treadmill tonight and would have done a longer period of time had my back been a bit more cooperative, oh well it was better than nothing at all.
Well I am ready for bed and all of my guys are already sleeping so I think that I am going to find my pillow for the night.

No comments: