Saturday, February 5, 2011

Slow & Steady!

It has been a hectic week and the upcoming week shows no sings of change. I was out of hours before I clocked out on Thursday which meant that I didn't have to work yesterday, YAHOO! Instead I did laundry, got tax stuff ready and then went to Scottsbluff. After I got home the boys & I went to the fitness center and got all the "rules & regs" of being a member. Through work I get a 10% discount on the membership & they take it out of my paycheck in equal installments over the course of the year!
Alex had late start Tues & Weds thanks to the "lovely" cold weather. He enjoyed sleeping in, or at least the little bit we let him sleep in. On Thursday they had 8th grade Awards Assembly and Alex was named Student of the Quarter. I had been told by Mr Cotant last week but was sworn to secrecy until the Assembly. Alex was definately SURPRISED!!! Tracey & I were both able to attend the event and are VERY PROUD of him. In celebration we went out for supper at Jose Piazono's. The boys shared a fried ice cream for dessert and we all had a good time.
Tomorrow we are going to Gering for Scout Sunday. They recognize the boys who earned their rank of Eagle Scout during the past year. In our council there were 16 boys who acheived this AMAZING award. I think that it is awesome that they publicly celebrate this high level of scouting! I will try to post pictures tomorrow when the guys are watching the football game.
I had another follow-up Dr's appointment this past Monday and my restrictions have NOT been lifted. There are still sutures present and Dr B said that she is not going to release me until the end of Feb, UGH!!!! On a more positive note (according to Dr B anyway) I had lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks. I feel as if I am just turning my wheels and not getting anywhere but as both she and Lori said, "It didn't get there overnight and it won't come off overnight".
Well I have bonded with the treadmill (2 miles in 41 minutes) and probably ought to get my shower taken before my guys return from the racketball courts.

No comments: