Today was a bit crazy for a Sunday but a good day all the same. I had to go to church early and set up for Communion and Alex needed to be there to help with Souper Bowl of Caring. Tracey took us to the church and then went home where he & Kendal finished getting jerky ready for the dehydrater.
After church we headed for Scottsbluff for the Scout Sunday Dinner. It was a nice time and the meal was good also. The best part was seeing the many Scout volunteers recognized for all that they do for the organization.
I had a turkey in the roaster all day, so it was nice and tender when we got home! The great part is that I am planning to skim off the juices and put turkey & noodles in the crockpot for supper tomorrow night! It is kind of a rare thing for me to be able to get 2 full meals from one cooking! Tomorrow, I have a DC fundraiser meeting and Alex also has Boy Scouts; so its a good thing that supper will be low-effort!
Well it is time to go and bond with the treadmill. I did walk 1 mile before church but since my walking time looks limited tomorrow I had better get some more time in tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment