Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Nearly There!

Well I had my final follow-up appt yesterday with Dr B. While I am not cleared for a returnto full duty the end is in sight. She is going to release me next Friday, which is 8 weeks since surgery. That is also when I will be allowed to do more than walk for my work-outs. Unfortunately it is only 3.5 weeks before I our final weigh-in!
On a good note I have lost another 2.5 pounds in the past 2 weeks. If I continue at this pace I will loose another 5 pounds by the time weigh-in arrives. I must admit that I hope that when I can add some variety to the routine it will give me a boost in the loosing game!
Kendal is on his way to Scottsbluff for a job interview at Taco Bell. We have discussed it and he can't really afford to drive unless it is for full time, but we don't know what is available unless he goes. This is the 2nd interview he has had since starting at the paper, after nearly 2 months of nothing!
I got off early for the 2nd day in a row thanks to a SLOW week at work. Normally I would enjoy the down time but since I used 3.5 weeks of PTO at the beginning of the year I am really not wanting to drain the PTO bank just to make up hours. I talked to Dodi the med-surg manager about picking up extra hours once I am released from light-duty. She said that she could get me as many hours as I want or need! I figure if I can get an extra shift a pay period that would be a nice cushion to the pay check without tipping Uncle Sam too much. I have applied for a 2nd job with WNCC as an adjunct instructor but haven't heard anything yet and until I do I don't want to count my chicks before they are hatched.
Well I ought to take advantage of the "free" time and get something accomplished in the Scrap Shack.

1 comment:

Jess -n- Jason -n- Crew said...

Glad to hear you're healing up, and nearing your full release. Good luck with the 2nd job venture. I hope that goes well for you!