Saturday, May 16, 2009

One More Try!

I have been busy and on the run today. I got up this morning and packed a few boxes, just as a promised myself that I would do. Kendal was up and out the door to school at 7:30 this morning. I had plans to meet with someone in Chadron to look at a "slightly used" blackberry phone, and once again if it sounds to good to be true it probably is. So late this morning I headed to Chadron. When I got there I was unable to contact the owner of the phone so I went to Wal-mart, bought a flower arrangement and then went to the cemetary to decorate Grandpa & Grandma's headstone. I spent about 30 minutes there reflecting on the influence which both of them had on who I am today. Afterwards I went to Lori's to say hi. I was pleasantly surprised to see that not only was Mom there but also Amy and the girls in addition to James. Before I left Renae and her girls showed up as well, so we had a mini impromtu family reunion. Just as I was leaving town the owner of the phone called so I stopped and looked at it, needless to say it was more than slightly used and in the few minutes that I was checking it out the battery died and the guy said that he doesn't use it because it doesn't work with his provider. Needless to say I left empty handed and feeling a bit disappointed.
That disappointment was short lived though, I went home through Crawford and stopped at the Wendland home for just over an hour. It was great to see the kids, Andy even came & opened my car door. I even received a hug from him before I was even out of the car!
Kendal is helping with Bingo night at the Legion so I am home alone right now and am taking a short break from packing up boxes. While I was visiting with Beck this afternoon we were discussing my slideshow issues and so I am going to try to post another show of house pictures. I certainly hope that it works this time. So, Beck I hope that there are enough pictures for you this time as I included about 1/2 of the ones which I took!

2 comments:

beckyw said...

Love it, and it worked! Yippee! Great to see you.... we miss you already!

Jess -n- Jason -n- Crew said...

Nice job on the slideshow, T!! It is nice to see more photos of the beautiful home you are so looking forward to. I'm so happy for you-- you deserve it!! Thanks for sharing!