Sunday, May 10, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

GOOD MORNING & HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all of you wonderful ladies. As I sit here thinking about all of the amazing mom's I know, one of the first that comes to mind is my Grandma Chasek. She was my 2nd mom and was the woman that I always turned to for advice. Grandma was the woman who taught me how to iron, fry chicken, can tomatoes, and even how to weed the strawberry bed. Unfortunately she has been gone for way to long. She passed away when Kendal was barely 3 months old, while I know she has been watching over him and Alex from heaven it saddens me that they never were able to know what an Amazing lady she was. My favorite flower is the lilac, that is because of the beautiful lilac bushes which were in front of the house, and some of favorite memories are of the Saturday mornings baking bread with her.
My mom is also a woman who serves an inspiration for me. Despite having quitting college in order to raise her family she has always made learning a priority for not just herself but all of us kids. College was not optional thing in our house, all of us were required to attend some type of higher education after high school graduation. No matter how tight the finances were at home she always made sure that us kids were able to participate in all the activities which we desired, including private flute lessons for me starting in 4th grade and lasting all the way through my Sr year. I remember one summer she had saved all of the money she had earned selling eggs and fresh milk & cream to people in town to pay for the trip to Iowa to visit her family. She taught me that sometimes in order to get what you want you need to make choices and sacrifice some of the unnecessary things in life.
Well now that I have idolized 2 of the most amazing women in my life I am going to spend the rest of my Mother's Day with my guys at one of my foavorite places, at the baseball field. Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful moms I know.

No comments: