On Thursday I had a "Mental Health Day" I had taken the day off from work and went to Chadron. It started with an hour massage and then I went and got my hair colored and cut by the best cosmotologist around and my sister, Lori. We then went out for lunch and then did some shopping. Later we were joined by mom, Becky and Jess and we went for supper at China House and then on to the Omaha Symphony. Boy what a fun day!!! I unfortunately had to go home afterwards and arrived home at 11:00. The other 2 pictures were taken at Lori's house before we went out on the town.
On Friday it was back to work, and boy did we ever!! As seems to be the case lately, we had an emergency add-on, only this time it was in the middle of our scheduled cases so it was a day of craziness and flying by the seats of our pants as Tracey would say. I was off work at 5:45 and thanks to Pizza Hut carry-out supper was at 6:15.
Saturday was a day of fun and friends. We had a Boy Scout committee meeting at noon with a yummy lunch served by a member of the committee at his home. Afterwards we headed to Hemingford for their Blue & Gold Banquet. Boy was it great to be surrounded by many old friends. Kendal and Alex had a good time playing with several of the young scouts and Tracey and I enjoyed visiting with a multitude of friends who were in attendance.
Today we enjoyed the BEAUTIFUL day which God has given us. Tracey and Alex made homemade ketchup and barbeque sauces and then they assembled the new grill which Tracey bought with his annual performance incentive check from work. Kendal had a Step-up meeting and then baseball at 4:00 at the baseball field. I had the pleasure of giving Denver a haircut and then a bath. While he didn't seem to appreciate me very much and he is now passed out he certainly looks 100% better!
Well that's our week in a nut shell. Hopefully I will be able to get up with my blog a bit better this week. I hope that you were all able to enjoy the gorgeous day today, which was a great way to start a new week.
1 comment:
WOW what a beautiful weekend. We got so much done outside this weekend, in addition to Grandpa's 90th birthday party. We woke up this morning, though to 20 degrees and light snow. Darn I could really use a little more of that sunshine!!
Had a great time Thursday, glad you made it home safely. Thanks again!
Post a Comment