First let me start by saying that while I enjoy a good snowstorm ,this is scary!!! It took me 45 minutes to get from work to home, it is only 6 miles!! Yes, I did need to stop and get Alex from the neighbor's house because the bus driver refused to go any farther but this is the worst weather I have seen since I was in nursing school! The boys got out of school at 10:30 and I got off work around 1:00.
Okay, so I have been very delinquent with my posts and I apologize for that. So here is a quick rundown of the happenings at our home for the past 10 days.
The youth group ski trip was an exciting one to say the least. Alex spent the entire day on the slopes and on the final run before the lift closed he lost control and crashed into the "swamp". For a short period of time we thought that he had broken his leg. Kendal being the good big brother he is, tried to get Alex out of the deep snow and in the process lost a shoe. Unbeknown to everyong in our party there was running water under the snow and a staff person made them stop digging for the shoe. After spending 45 minutes in the ski patrol office we were able to head home, a shoe short and all bones intact!
The boys were home on spring break all of last week!! While I left them plenty of chores to do they still spent a lot of time bumming and watching TV.
Thursday evening I was able to attend the Taste of Home Cooking Show in Gering with a friend from church. It was nice to be able to spend some girl time and meet some new people as well. We ate supper at the Feed Barn in Mitchell, boy talk about yummy food and a fun atmosphere!
Friday night we attended the musical at EWC as a family. What an amazing production it was. There is so much talent in this small town that it is wonderful. One of my co-workers has a part as does one of our local doctors!! Next spring they are going to be putting on Annie, that will be quite the amazing treat for everyone who will attend!
Saturday, what beautiful weather there was!! Tracey and I went to Scotsbluff in the morning and ran some errands and then came home and spend the remainder of the day enjoying the weather with the boys.
Sunday after church we went for a drive to Guernsey and checked out the lake. My what a beautiful area of country. The boys had fun skipping rocks and just hanging out. Kendal had baseball practice at 5:30 and Tracey headed for Cambridge to visit his parents. Due to a miscalculation of the school calendar, Tracey is on vacation this week rather than last week when the boys were on vacation.
I attended a baby shower for one of the girls who I work with last night. When I was on my way home from Morrill there was quite a lightening show in the sky, indicating the weather change to come. At 9:45 I received a call from work and there was an Emergency surgery in 20 minutes.I got home from work at 12:30 this morning and the alarm was set to go off again at 5:30, oh well sleep is for the wicked; at least that was my saying during nursing school.
Well since I am spending the rest of my day inside I am going to try and get som e scrapbooking done. Stay warm and safe everyone!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment