Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday, AGAIN

Well I am sitting in the house by myself wishing that I was listening to the peace and quiet, rather I am listening to the wind ROAR. The guys are at their regular Monday night meeting and they are going over CPR and making last minute plans for the annual trip to Tree Plant and Ft Robinson. If the forcast is correct there will not be very nice weather for the trip, which is come to be the norm, rather than the exception.
Today was a good day at work. I am in my last 2 weeks of orientation in the OR and then I will be on my own. We only had 1 surgery today so it was less chaotic than last week, for that I am very thankful.
Tracey decided that the pain which he was experiencing in his ankle was more than he could handle today and he made a visit to the ER. After an X-ray to ensure that it wasn't broken he received a gel brace and was sent on his merry way. I am very glad that it isn't broken but am still concerned that it is still causing him so much pain, hopefully it will be better tomorrow.
Kendal has been struggling with his grades in Chemistry and Algebra II so last week he was ineligible to run at the Scottsbluff track meet. I am in hopes that he will have them brought up enough so that he can run this Saturday. Unfortunately he hasn't had any grades posted since they left for spring break so that makes it very difficult to improve one's grade. Say your prayers for him, as he is getting very discouraged and is even talking about quitting track.
Alex has been very busy trying to recruit some of his friends from school to join Boy Scouts and may even have convinced one of them. Tracey attended parent-teacher's conferences at the middle school last week and they went quite well, HaHoo Alex!!
Well that is just about the news in Torrington. I hope and pray that everyone is warm and safe tonight. Trish
Here is a slide show of my guys having some fun,enjoy!

2 comments:

Jess -n- Jason -n- Crew said...

We'll pray for Kendall. It is so tough -- he'll make it through, tho.

And way to go, Alex for the recruitment efforts!!

Weatherman says we're up for round 2 on snow for the week by Wednesday... make sure to button down the hatch!

beckyw said...

Ahhh, Thank the Lord that Trace is okay! WHEW! I will pray for K, as he sure has a tought time of it!
Yea, ALex!