Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What Baby?!?

Ok I know that Alex is nearly a teenager but when I took him to his eye & orthodontist appts the fact that he is rapidly growing became VeRy obvious to me! The girls at Webb Eyecare say that he is one of their Favorite patients and that he is so well spoken and grown-up for a 12 year-old. Then to add insult to injury he is trying out his 1st set of contacts! What is so ironic is that I couldn't believe how grown-up he looked when he got his 1st pair of glasses and am now having the same feelings about the contacts, oh how times change! While at his ortho appt Dr Webb gave 2 stubborn teeth that have been refusing to come in a "laser treatment". This means that she opened the gum to encourage the teeth to come down. Luckily she did so, the "follicle" that pockets the space between the baby & permanent teeth had not dissolved but had rather hardened & formed a cyst that was preventing the growth of the 2 teeth. Not only was she able to open the spaces but there is now enough of the teeth exposed that they were able to place brackets on them both. She is in hopes that this will keep his "plan" on schedule for removal in Aug or Sept of this year.
Well unlike most of the midwest I am not overly upset by the change in weather, after-all it is January 6th not July 6th! Well I am pooped and we have another busy day ahead. Take care and stay warm all!!!

1 comment:

Jess -n- Jason -n- Crew said...

Wow, how time does fly. Glad things are going on schedule for Alex's braces; Haley is just beginning this battle, and we hope it goes well...