Thursday, January 28, 2010

Future Politician

I have always known that Alex was more the serious and deeper thinker of the boys but that was definitely confirmed last night. For starters, Alex began his political career yesterday, as it was his first day serving on the middle school student council, something which he is quite proud of. He was telling us at supper about the councils's first job, which is to determine the requirements to become the studen body president. I could tell that he had put a great deal of thought into what he thought were good traits for the job, and scary enough I actually agreed with them. He also gave his older brother a civics lesson in regards to the US government, such as the chain of command if something were to happen to the president.
To top it off he voluntarily watched the State of the Union address. After the speech was over he had some very good comments regarding what was said and about the rebuttal speech. While he may not ever be president himself Alex certainly has some very serious thoughts about what the president should or shouldn't do.

2 comments:

beckyw said...

I hope he will be an attorney..... I could use one! We are proud of his abilities, too! GOOD JOB A-Man!

Jess -n- Jason -n- Crew said...

Could be.... I know if that is something he decides to do in the future that he will be one of many of a new type of politician; one with morals and integrity.