Sunday, January 31, 2010

Quiet Weekend!!

Friday afternoon the boys left for the weekend on the montly scout camping trip. What a wonderful thing, a QUIET house for an entire 48 hours!!! Tracey and I thoroughly enjoyed the down time for ourselves. As a matter of fact we were up and out of the house on our way to Ft Collins by 8:05 Saturday morning. We spent the day leisurely looking at camper-trailers. Yes that is right, my husband who is a firm believer in the fact that camping is not such unless one is sleeping in a tent is shopping for a camper. While he did not come right out and say it and he has stated many different reasons for needing a camper I have my own philosophy. It is my thought & believe that he knows that I will NOT go camping in a tent willingly and that it will not be long before the empty nest will be here ( sob, sob, & sigh).
While shopping we went to Famous Dave's BBQ for lunch, oh YUMMY!! I will be the 1st to state that Tracey's brisket is better than Famous Dave's the same cannot be said for the ribs or rib tips (my fav!). We did make a quick stop at Sam's Club and spent less than $100, a first, and I did not go to Hobby Lobby , another first, but I really couldn't think of anything I wanted to get.
After sleeping in this morning the 2 of us went to church. After we got home I spent nearly 3 hours studying for my final in Peri-op 101, which is tomorrow. The boys got home at 3:00 and needless to say the quiet weekend is over. While they have youth group at 5:00 and Alex has Nathan Hale at 7:00 it is safe to say things are back to normal and it is quiet no more.
I hope that everyone has had a good weekend, and is ready for the week ahead.

No comments: