Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What an AMAZING 17 years!!!

I sit here tonight remembering that 17 years ago tonight something so AMAZING was about to happen and change both Tracey & my lives forever!!! It was then that we headed to the hospital with me in labor with Kendal Lynn. While we did not realize that it would be a long 20 hours later before he would enter the world, he was worth the wait! The first time I held that TINY 5lb 9oz miracle I was definately hooked for life. It's kind of bittersweet realizing that this will be one of the last birthdays which he will celebrate at home. This summer is a turning point in all of our lives just as the summer of 1992. That was the summer Tracey & I were married & the summer Kendal was born. This summer marks the start of his senior year of high school; we are booking his Sr pictures and talking college plans. The sad thing is that it seems nearly impossible that he's days of living at home and requiring parental permission are quickly coming to an end. I have to admit that there was a time when I couldn't wait for him to grow-up and now that his adulthood is fast approaching I want nothing more than to stop time. I guess that the point to my sappiness is that we all need to stop and smell the roses and NEVER take for granted the stage which our children are currently in, because it will pass way too fast. Boy have I been sappy lately or what!

I hope that you enjoy my tribute to the birthday boy. I am making this post tonight since he has a double-header both tomorrow and Thursday nights.

2 comments:

beckyw said...

Happy B-day Kendal! We love you and are VERY PROUD of you!

Jess -n- Jason -n- Crew said...

I'm still reading and catching up == happy late b-day to Kendall. Lovin your 4th of July blog decor!!