Thursday, June 18, 2009

100 ALREADY!!!!

Wow, I did not realize until tonight when I logged on that my last post was my 100th post!! Oh the little milestones which amuse.
While the past week has obviously been busy I will spare you the boring and mundane details and just hit the highlights. All three of my guys spent last weekend in Omaha, at the College World Series Tourney for Legion teams. Kendal's team lost all 3 of the games they played, oh bummer. The guys were able to watch a World Series game on Sat. evening, with good friend Eric and his son Mace. Kendal was able to experience his first city driving on Sunday, when he drove out of Omaha; Tracey pulled him off the bus to help with the LONG drive home.
Kendal had a double-header against Bayard last night and he played both games in their entirety. He finished the 2nd game and scored the winning run. It was a double with bases loaded; he had a grin from ear to ear and I think that it was still there when he went to bed 2 hours later!! I certainly was a VERY PROUD mom!!
Alex has really enjoyed golf lessons and is now the proud owner of clubs, golf bag, gloves and about 5 dozen golf balls. I promised him private lessons when we return from Kentucky since he will miss the final 3 lessons because of scout camp and the Kentucky trip.
I went to Becky's last Friday night and watched Andy & Matt's game. It was great to watch them play. I spent Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning watching Courtney play softball; a distinctly faster pace than Friday's game. I was going to watch her play on Sunday afternoon, but spent most of the afternoon in my cousin Leah's basement instead. Scottsbluff was under a tornado warning and the remainder of the games were cancelled, what a bummer. I have been battling a horrid cough for the past week and finally broke down and saw the Dr. on Tues. He gave me some medicine which made a huge improvement.
Tracey is planning on going to Casper this weekend in order to watch the baseball tournament. He was playing catch at the fields with Kendal and Courtney on Tuesday night and missed a pitch from Kendal and got hit in the thigh. By the next morning the bruise was huge and was quite swollen. Today the bruise is a very bright purple color and I am watching it very close for the first sign of a clot.
That's the "shortened" update at our house. It is now time to switch laundry and hit the hay. Good night all!!!

2 comments:

beckyw said...

Is Trace becoming the patient.... I think he just likes to play "nurse" with you!!!!!
Anyhow, we are SOOOOOOOOO proud of our Kendal! HE ROCKS!

Jess -n- Jason -n- Crew said...

Sounds like all are busy and happy, as usual. Glad to hear it!

Glad also to hear that all are safe after all the nasty weather.

Congrats on your 100th post, too!!