I can not get over what beautiful weather we are having today! I went to Scottsbluff this morning and did some Christmas shopping. Put stuff on lay-away @ K-mart and have made a HUGE dent in my shopping for the season, YaHoo!!!
I also went to JoAnn's and bought supplies for Alex to make chocolate suckers. He will be sending some with me next weekend to sell to earn money for his DC trip. I also bought a few things for my project which I am going to work on while I am at the Sista's Retreat.
Tracey is working today, but I have the game recording. This way he can watch it if he wants, depending on the final outcome of the game!! Kendal is also working, but they have changed his Saturday shift to be 10-6 rather than the split he was previously working. I personally think that it is a good switch. Alex has been cleaning the bench in his room and working on getting his laundry done.
Last night Tracey, Alex & I went to Scottsbluff for supper. We then hooked-up with the Nikont family and went to the bowling alley. It was quite obvious that it has been awhile since they had bowled but non-the-less they had a good time. Before we went home we went to the house for visiting and a board game.
Kendal, Courtney & some friends were also in Scottsbluff last night. They ended up at the bowling alley at the same time. While they did not bowl "with" our group there was a great deal of mingling by the kiddos, especially Bailey. She absolutely adores Kendal and he is so good with her that it makes my heart smile!
Alex will be having minor surgery next Friday morning to remove a persistently annoying toe nail. For the past 2 1/2 years we have been doctoring this nail as it has become ingrown & infected several times. We have had the side of the nail removed in the clinic 3 different times only to have it grow back stronger than ever!! Because of this turn of events I may not go to Retreat until Saturday morning, depending on how Alex is feeling.
Well I am going to watch the rest of the game with Alex and then make some corn bread to go with the ham I have in the crock pot for supper. Have a GREAT weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment