Friday, November 5, 2010

It's Finally the Weekend!

WOW what a wild & crazy week and I am so very happy that it is Friday. Work has been anything but normal, even a normal crazy for our department would be nice.
Alex had surgery to remove his toenail this morning. It did not go as smooth as we had planned and Nicki ended up having to put him to sleep before they could proceed with the surgery. The surgical crew had to hold down his legs and arms until she was able to get the meds in. When I saw him in the recovery room he was crying and while he may not remember it I certainly will. It's amazing how I can take care of patients all day long and not really get bothered by the emotional side of it, but put my son in that bed and that changes everything. All that aside, once he woke up he did great and even requested Chinese for lunch. We are now at home and he is resting.
Since he is doing so well I am planning to head to Retreat when Tracey gets home from work. Well in order to do that I need to get some errands done so I had better get it in gear!

No comments: