Friday, October 9, 2009

No Football, how Sad!!!

Well, so much for good plans. Tracey picked me up from work after getting Alex and we headed on our way to Riverton for the varsity game. We made it all the way to Ft Laramie when the middle school secretary (her son is the quarterback) called and informed us that the game was being post-poned until Monday at 2:00pm. In the long run it is best for the kiddos, I guess the field was mushy and wet from all the snow that Riverton had gotten earlier this week. Also the kids won't be travelling in bad weather this way. So we turned around and dropped Alex off at school when we got back to Torrington. I called work and they had everything under control so I went home with Tracey. Unfortunately Tracey will not be able to go to the game on Monday as he is the only one working in Torrington on Monday. Also he had already made arrangements to work again next Saturday so that he could make the Buffalo game on Friday.
During the drive home Alex informed us that his game for tomorrow was cancelled. That means that his football season is over and the 7th grade B-team went undefeated!!!
When Tracey & I got home I immediately changed into my sweats and switched into weekend mode. I guess all the things which I needed to get done in a short period of time this weekend will now definately get done.
Sunday is Lori's wedding shower. It is at 2:00 pm in Hay Springs so I will be leaving mid-morning on Sunday in order to get there in time. Monday is girls day; Lori had blocked the entire day out in order to do Amy, Nannie, and my hair as soon as her and James had set their wedding date. I think that the plan is to stay at their new home in Crawford and then head to Chadron in decent time Monday morning for our day of bonding and getting our hair done.

No comments: