Saturday, July 24, 2010

Time Alone

Well Tracey & Alex left to go tanking in Mullen as soon as he got home from work and showered. I am on call this weekend and am "grounded", but since I am the only surgery RN in town swapping call was not an option.
Kendal worked last night and has his split shifts today. When he got off last night he stayed home and bummed with his momma, how sweet you might say. Well don't get mushy too fast, he was staying home because he is going to Alliance for Heritage Days & spending the night. Yes I am sure that most who are reading are in shock that I am "allowing" him to go. But I must remind that he is 18 now and therefore an adult, I can suggest and recommend but the days of demanding are changed. I am having a hard time some days with this transition to parenting an adult, not that anyone should be surprised by that.
I have been powering out plans for Kendal's Court of Honor next weekend only to get information from a LONG time Scout Leader that it takes 4-6 weeks for all the paperwork to get processed through the ranks and that we may need to postpone the ceremony. Unfortunately it was 11:00 last night when I got the e-mail and I won't be able to call the office until Monday to get the final say so. Oh how frustrating!!!!!! I so wanted to have this all organized & done before the rat race of school started, but I guess it took him 6 years to earn his Eagle so it won't kill any of us to wait 2 months to celebrate the occasion.
Anyway since my guys are gone for most of the weekend I will be spending a major portion of it with my scrapping desk. I need to make a guest book for Court of Honor, whenever it may be. I also HAVE to finish Kendal's graduation pages and then get started on Alex's book.
On a more positive note; tomorrow is Tracey & my 18th anniversary. It is amazing to me that we have been together for nearly 20 years exclusively! Yep in the entire time we dated we never "broke it off" or took a break from our relationship. I must say there were a few times during nursing school that things were touch & go. But, I also think that those struggles are what makes our marriage so strong. We know that the love which we have for each other is always there and that if we remain true to it and respect one another that we will grow old & gray together; (wait I am gray)!!!!
I think that it is so sad that kids these days don't understand that life isn't always easy but if you have trust, respect the other persons feelings and try to understand differing view points it will be okay. There is also the need to allow both people in the relationship be individuals as well doing things as a couple.
Okay, enough of my philosophy lesson. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

beckyw said...

Congrats on sticking it out for all of these years, you made it!!!!!