Sunday, July 18, 2010

Happy Birthday, Old Man

So this is a late post honoring my wonderful hubby's 40th birthday. Friday was his birthday, although we had a party celebrating this day over the July 4th weekend. His parents and sister arrived Friday afternoon for the weekend. Tracey grilled yummy steaks for supper and then we stayed up visiting and drinking wine. Yesterday us girls spent the day shopping and then went to Table Mountain Vineyards for a wine tasting. I found an AWESOME sale at JoAnn's and bought a 15x30 canvas for less than $10 and am planning to make a wall hanging for the Scrap Shack, unfortunately I was not able to find any fabric for curtains to go with the light fixtures I chose. We returned to Torrington just in time for Tracey's AMAZING B-B-Q smoked baby back ribs. We then played cards and drank more wine, Jen & I eventually beat Tracey & Kenny at a "mean & heated" game of Hearts.
Right now my three guys are at the trap range breaking in their new trap thrower. We are going to enjoy a rare and wonderful day at home bumming where no one has to go to work or doing anything serious. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!