First & foremost I plan to get my complaints out of the way at the start of this post. I ABSOLUTELY HATE the heat!!!!!!! I am in fact ready for the snow to fall, the 100 degree high yesterday only cemented my dislike of the heat and then I spent 1 1/2 hours painting in the Scrap Shack. The painting was due to the mismatched paint that I had used when previously painting. Actually the paints were the same color but one can was semi-gloss and the other was matte; what a difference. Since Tracey had already installed the light fixtures and outlet covers there was ALOT of cutting in to do, one of the few things which I dislike almost as much as the heat!
Okay on to positive things. Kendal has his Board of Review for his Eagle Badge on Monday night, YAHOO!!!! If things go as planned we will have his Court of Honor on Saturday July 31st. He was unable to work his Maverick schedule and keep his job at the Bucking Horse so he had to quit his job washing dishes up on the hill. He doesn't complain about work at Maverick and he has the possibility of working more hours than he could dream of getting at the Bucking Horse.
Alex is LOVING the Wind/Energy Camp. They went to Denver last weekend and went many places but he said his favorite place was the Air Force Base. He got his braces off on July 6th and boy is his smile BEAUTIFUL!! Dr Webb & her crew do a great job of transforming smiles. He has done a good job of brushing & wearing his retainer so far but it has only been a week so I certainly hope that his faithfulness to the routine remains!
Tracey has been very busy at work, which is good with me having to take PTO time to get my 32hrs required for our insurance! Unfortunately he is outside most of the time he is working and it just zaps the energy out of a person, but at least he has a job and is able to provide for us and for this I am Thankful. His parents and sister are coming to Torrington this weekend for his 40th birthday. He is going to try making ribs on his smoker again with a different merinade, oh yummy !!!
This past weekend I went to Iowa for cousin Kendra's wedding with mom and all 3 nieces. The trip was fun, although long, the wedding was nice, & the reception was fun. The little girls danced the night away and really enjoyed the pool at the hotel. Poor Michaela was the only girl her age at the wedding so she didn't have as much fun but she did help mom & I with refreshment duties and did eventually dance with her sisters. Mom & I enjoyed our alone time driving from Valentine to Hay Springs where she had left her vehicle. We don't often get the chance to visit just the 2 of us and it was a great opportunity to chat and catch up. Yesterday at work the gang bought me lunch and birthday cake. While it was a day late, since I was driving home, it was GREAT that they thought of me. I really enjoy the awesome staff that I work with in the surgery dept and I certainly hope & pray that we soon recruit some more surgeons so that our case load improves. I am going to start orientating to OB next Friday in hopes that I can work some extra shifts in the OB dept so that I do not have to continue to deplete my PTO bank.
Well that is the happenings at the Colson house. I had better hit the hay I need to be to work at 6:30 in the morning and quite tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment