Sunday, February 7, 2010

What CRAZY Weather!!!

What a wild weekend for weather it has been here in Torrington. Yesterday it was cloudy and gloomy looking but it cleared up a bit by mid-afternoon. Last night though it started to snow around 8:00 and by midnight there was 2 inches of snow on the ground. I am sitting here at the dining room table looking at puddles of water in the church parking lot next door and there is minimal snow laying on the ground.
Well Kendal re-took the ACT yesterday morning in Scottsbluff and I attended a financial aide workshop at WNCC while he was testing. I was excited, during the workshop there were drawings for several differentdoor prizes and Kendal won a $300 scholarship to WNCC. He is going on a campus tour in March and hopefully meet with Coach Jones with the baseball team. We are going to have to be VERY diligent in seeking scholarships for college funding. I filled out the FAFSA application yesterday and the only thing Kendal qualifies for is Student Loans, due to Tracey's & my combined incomes being so "high". Man I sure do wish that there was extra cash just laying around. According to the FAFSA results Kendal's family contribution should be around $25,000 a year, "WHATEVER?!?" The person who comes up with the formula for this figure is clearly dilusional, of course the fact that we are making 2 mortgage payments and the rent income is about $200 short of covering expenses for the house certainly doesn't help.
Okay enough of my bitch session. The boys help the PYC group with the Souper Bowl of Caring soup dinner after church today. The money which they raised ($300) will be going to help with the Haiti Relief. This afternoon the PYC kids are having a Super Bowl Party at Pastor Sengs house. Tracey and I are just staying home, I am on-call & Tracey wants to watch the game on our "new" TV. Oh thats right I haven't posted about our newest household purchase. The PA-C which works in the ER bought himself a new HD TV so I purchased his "old" 37" HD flatscreen TV for $300. It fits real nice in my entertainment center and it is really nice to be able to see the entire picture on the screen, out old TV had been cutting off the very tops & bottoms of the picture for the past year so it was definately time for a new on.
I think that I am going to bond with my scrapbooking desk during the game since I really could careless about the Super Bowl. Have a great day and enjoy the game if you are watching.

1 comment:

Jess -n- Jason -n- Crew said...

Sorry to hear the FAFSA didn't work out for you. I know those things are a joke! Who the heck computed the formulas for those things? Freakos!!

Anyhew-- congrats to Kendall for the scholarship!! Awesome!!