Tuesday, February 2, 2010

He's Got a Job, YAHOOOO

I was so excited when I posted that I passed my test last night that I forgot to also announce the other exciting news at the Colson house. Kendal sent me a text yesterday that he has a job at teh Bucking Horse, a steak house a few miles from our house. He starts washing dishes on Thursday at 5:30. They are only open Thurs - Sunday in the evenings, what a better situation for a high school kiddo. Tracey and I have discussed it and feel that this will be great for him, a minimum wage job doing grunt work. Always before when he has had a job of any kind he has been paid very well. For instance he was paid $20/hour when he did shingling work for one of the girls I work with, even when he babysits he get paid good. We feel that he needs to understand that most jobs do not start out paying you so well and that you need to work your way up in order to earn more money.

1 comment:

Jess -n- Jason -n- Crew said...

Trish, I got a little behind on reading blogs. I am catching up, and alot has happened at your house!

I really hope the camper thing works out -- we love ours to pieces!!

I hope Kendall enjoys his new job. That seems to be a good place to start; a humble beginning, if you will.

So glad to hear about your GREAT score on your test. That's fantastic! I can't remember what you'd said, if there were more tests to complete this transition for you, or if this was the last. Anyways, I wish you the best in all of it.

Oh! And I'm proud of you for skipping the visit to H.L.!! I aspire to be more like you!

Ok. I think I got it all.

And we love ya! Hope to see you soon!