Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Day: Love Week

Okay, so I have been VERY delinquent in my posting this week. I am simply going to say that I have been extremely busy and my time at home has been very limited. I have decided to do my Valentine's Day tributes all in one post since I haven't had time to keep up and all the pics will be on a slide show to limit the space which I would take up if I did individual pictures.

#1: My Husband, Tracey. He is my one & only true love and I can not imagine my life without him. We have been through so much in the past 19 years. While our marriage has had its very difficult times, like nursing school and starting our marriage with an infant, we have always found a way back to to the love that brought us together. He puts our boys on the top of his list of priorities and always looks out for their best interests. He has worked hard making sure that they are growing up to be good men.

#2: My 1st Born, Kendal. Wow is all I can say; from a 5lb 9oz little tiny surprise to a handsome young man. Kendal is my athletic, quiet, strong, pleaser. He does not like to rock the boat when it comes to those who he loves and tries hard to make those closest to him happy. He loves baseball & football and has done an amazing job of playing both. While he will not admit it he also has a musical talent and can play a mean baritone. He is nearly ready to become an Eagle Scout, an accomplishment which has taken a long time to reach. Small children are drawn to him like a bee to honey; he has so much patience for them I know that some day he will be an AWESOME dad.

#3: My Baby, Alex. While nearly 13 yr old is no longer a baby he will ALWAYS be mine. He is intelligent beyond his years and funny to a fault. Alex is a musician, playing the drums in the middle school band and sings as well. He has the potential to be an amazing leader when he grows up. He has such a caring side & is very tender-hearted. Alex is a negotiator to the ends of the earth and I swear he could sell ice to an Eskimo. From an early age he learned to bat those big brown eyes to his benefit, which gets him a long ways, unless he is dealing with his mother. He has a stubborn streak that is as wide as the Mississippi River is long and that surfaced before entered this world, seriously 4 days of contractions need I say more.

#4 &5: My Parents: They taught me at an early age the attributes of being a hard-working and honest person. I know without a doubt I would have gotten far in this world with out many of the life lessons which they taught me. While I know that life was far from easy raising us four kids & there were MANY bumps in the road, I am so thankful for all they did to make me the person I am. Mom always made sure we knew the importance of getting an education by returning to school to not just get her degree in education but continuing by getting her Masters. Dad is one of the hardest working people I know and that attribute has taken me far, thanks Dad!

#6: My Brother, Mark: While we fought like cats & dogs as small children I have learned so much from him. He has shown the power of positive thinking and not letting a road block stop your journey. His battle with melanoma has served as an inspiration to me. I can not image going through all he has endured in the past several years, yet he continues to be a positive role model for his daughters and works hard to provide for his family and serve God!

#7: My Sister, Nannie: What a Creative and positive person Nannie is. Give her a blank wall & some paint and she can WOW you; give her a piece of wood and she can make something of use. She nurtures her adorable boys in a way that I envy and always looks for the positive side of any situation.

#8: My Baby Sis, Lori: What a fireball! Lori adores her nieces & nephews with a passion which is 2nd to none. She is one of the hardest working people I know and because of that she owns the Most AmAzIng business. She can take the most boring head of hair (mine) and make it a master-piece, even if I can't replicate it I know that at least once every 6 weeks I will have Great hair!

#9-15: My Nieces & Nephews: While I could write a paragraph on each of the them I will not but will simply acknowledge them by saying they are a GREAT group of kiddos. They serve as entertainment on occasion and are always fun for me to spend time with. The girls allow me the ability to bring out my girly side occasionally.

#16: Grandma Chasek: God Bless her soul, while she has been gone from this Earth for 17 1/2 years not a day passes which I do not think of her. Growing up she was my 2nd mother and my best friend. There were things which I talked to her about that no one else knows. While we did have one SERIOUS disagreement, I am so thankful that we were able to mend our separation before she passed away. Growing up she served as the Matriarch of our clan and such a positive role model for me and for that I will be forever grateful.

#17: Grandpa Chasek: Grandpa served as the tie that bound our family for the 13 years after Grandma's passing. He taught me that its okay to play as long as you are willing & able to work twice as hard. While he loved his grandchildren & great grandchildren he was also quick to point out our faults and never hesitated to correct us when needed! He passed away exactly 13 years to the day after Grandma and I know that they are in Heaven dancing in each others arms.

#18: My BFF, Becky: What can I say about our friendship but WOW! High school was probably the worst time period of my life and meeting Becky was the best thing that happened to me. She proved to me that there are people that will accept you for who you are no matter what others think! She has been there for all of the most important days of my life; my wedding, birth of kiddos, graduating from college (twice). She has given me the knowledge that I really do have a creative bone in my body with my scrapbooking & photography, Tracey says it's now an obsession! In addition; she has on occasion even has exposed my wild & crazy side, yes it is there just buried deep beneath my responsible shell!




2 comments:

beckyw said...

I love you BFF...... your post made me cry!
We are truely blessed!

Jess -n- Jason -n- Crew said...

What a great tribute to family and friends, T. We are so glad that you are blessed, all the way around.