First a disclaimer that I know I am very sporatic in my posts lately. Second a warning of sappiness of what you are about to read.
I have had several very Proud Mom Moments in the past 17 1/2 years, and the fact that I have been a mom that long is quite scary! So last night the local Boy Scout Troop held their Court of Honor and Alex was officially named as Senior Patrol Leader, a position which Kendal has held several times in Alliance. Needless to say I was a bit sad in the realization of the fact Alex is now acheiving all the milestones which were so incredible for Kendal to reach, and not that long ago.
Today Alex competed in the area Math contest and tied for 8th! It is so awesome for me to see him do well in academics, something that is all Alex and not trying to keep up with Kendal!
This evening when I got home from my eye appointment Kendal was watching SuperNanny, one of my fav shows by the way. There was a 4 year-old who threw a 46 minute temper tantrum because Jo-Jo made the mom throw-out his bottle. There were both a 13 and 11 year old who had NEVER done any chores. Okay all of you know me well enough to know that none of these things would be acceptable at my house. So anyway to the point. Kendal tells me "Mom, I am so glad that you made us do stuff. When ever I have kids I will not let them do that kind of stuff. If I thought I had ever acted that way I would be SO embarassed!" Wow if that isn't a Proud Mom Moment I don't know what is! Yes my kids have their obnoxious times when I would hang them in a tree by their toes but for the most part they are good kids and I would NEVER trade them for all the money in China!
1 comment:
YOU DO HAVE SOME PRETTY GREAT KIDDOS! I am proud of them too! Most PROUD of their parents, and the great job you have done!
Post a Comment