Monday, December 14, 2009

We survived the weekend, barely

Well, Tracey's union Christmas party was not as good as anticipated. We were a party of 52 and only 1 waitress. The party was at the Gaslight so we were served family style so there were no food orders to take, but we had cold food, not enough of the hot stuff and if we wanted a drink we had to go to the bar and order it. Luckily we were able to make our stops at Walmart (yuck) and Menards before the party. And by the way I DID have the laundry done before we left, well the last load was in the dryer anyway!
Kendal has come down with the crud and came home from school during 1st hour today. He did tell me that he felt better once he pucked, luck for him ( I guess).
Alex really didn't have anything extra this weekend, thankfully! He has scouts tonight and they are handing out food bags around town for the food drive.
The community Christmas choir was AwEsOmE! Tracey adn the boys said that our church choir was the best of the individual choirs, and we were only bigger than 1 of them. Tonight I have a meeting at church to go before the session (board) for approval to become a deacon. I am a bit nervous about it as I really don't know what to expect.
We are celebrating Christmas with my family on Sunday at my parents' house. Saturday Tracey & I are hosting the surgery dept's Christmas party. I am very excited about that since Tracey is making his brisket and pork shoulder on the smoker, oh yummy!!!
Well that is an update on the happenings at the Colson home. I hope that everyone has a great week and survives the next 10 days til Christmas.

1 comment:

Jess -n- Jason -n- Crew said...

I love the song on your blog -- about the little boy and buying his Momma new shoes. What a great song.

Miss ya, lady.

10 days til Christmas... really? Eeeek!