Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Busy Days

Good Morning to all!!! It is time for the random update of happings at the Colson household. I have been busy (sort of) with work and I say sort of because things have been quite slow in the surgery dept so we have been getting sent home. Last week I did pick-up 2 orientation shifts on the floor. Unfortunately we have been told that we can't work when we are on-call and the only open shifts seem to be when I am on-call, of course when I am taking call 15 days this month the odds are pretty good for that to happen. Last week I had my "mental health" day and got to spend my day with Lori, was it ever needed and much appreciated! Saturday I had Crop Day at the scrapbooking store downtown. I was able to get several graduation pages done for Kendal's book and really enjoyed the girl time.
Tracey has been busy at work. Last weekend he took Alex to Doniphan NE for the NE state trap shoot. They both had a good time and Tracey was able to stock up on some reloading supplies for the gun room. Since he has now got both of the boys shooting his reloader is seeing a drastic increase in use this past month. This weekend we will be celebrating his 40th birthday with a Chasek Family Barbeque!
Kendal has also been busy with work. The Bucking Horse has hosted several mid-week meals for special groups and he has been able to pick-up some extra hours. He also has an excellent lead on a 2nd job which will get him 32 hrs a week, he is hoping that the set schedule allows him to keep the job at the Bucking Horse as well. This would be a good thing since he wants to buy his own vehicle. He has been picking up some odd jobs for some ladies at church in addition to working for one of my co-workers occasionally.
Alex was at Boy Scout camp last week, and seemed to have a really good time. He returned Sat. morning and was on his way to Doniphan within an hour of returning. Next week he starts the Summer Energy Innovation camp which is being sponsored by NASA at the college. That will be great as he will be stimulating his mind in addition to staying out of trouble and NOT spatting with his brother.
Well it is time for me to get ready for work. I hope that everyone is staying cool with this "lovely" summer heat. Be safe this holiday weekend!

No comments: