So you may ask what is the "IT" which I am writing about. Well it could be one of a few things. First it could be the three weeks that have past since my last post. Well that three weeks has been spent attending several graduations and parties. On Mother's Day we went to Hemingford and attended graduation there and the receptions for several of Kendal's friends. The next weekend on Saturday we went to Cara's graduation & reception in Mitchell. Saturday evening I went to the reception for one of the girls who I work with, she graduated from the RN program in Scottsbluff. Then on Sunday we all went to Alliance for Cassie Mae & Chance's graduation and receptions.
Last week I only worked on Mon and Tues, then on Weds I went to Chadron for my "Mental Health Day". Lori did an AWESOME job coloring my hair, of course she always does. On my way home I stopped and visited the Wendland clan for a little while.
In addition on Mon. Kendal had Honor's Night and Weds. was the Baccalaurate Service. Alex had concerts on both Tues & Thurs nights. Tracey started Union Contract negotiations on Weds - Fri in Scottsbluff. Kendal & I worked hard on both Thurs & Fri to get the house spic-n-span and salads cooked for the party on Saturday. Saturday early in the afternoon Kendal & I went to a few receptions here in Torrington.
Company started arriving for Kendal's reception at 10:30 Saturday morning. By the time we went to bed that night Tracey & I figured that we had around 90-100 people at our house that night. There wasn't even a crumb of brisket left, but there was plenty of sweets left. Everyone seemed to have a good time. While I didn't feel that I did a very good job as hostess, there were so many people here that I was barely able to say hello to everyone!
Sunday morning we went to Scottsbluff for breakfast with Tracey's family since his sister & her family had to get home to Kearney. We grilled burgers for lunch. Graduation was at 5:00 and everyone headed home after we did some pictures outside the high school.
The other "IT" I am talking about is the past 13 years. I can not begin to understand the speed at which the 13 years of Kendal's education has gone. It hardly seems comprehendable that he is no longer in school let alone graduated from high school. I know that there were days when I didn't even think that we would get him out of elementary school and now the past 4 years of high school seem to be a blur to me.
Well here is a slide show of some of my favorite pictures from this month.



No comments:
Post a Comment