What a beautiful three day weekend, well for most of us. Unfortunately, Tracey & Kendal both had to work on Saturday but I had the long weekend free from work or any concrete plans. I spent Saturday doing laundry and had the final load folded before I went to bed.
Tracey, Kendal, & I went to church yesterday and while there the guys set the date for Kendal to do the actual work for his Eagle project. Tracey has a couple Tuesdays off and so they are going to get the project done on those days. A few of the members of the Grounds & Maintenance Committee want to be there when a majority of the work is done so the date had to be done around their schedules as well. He finally has his merit badges done and the people contacted for his reference letters so it looks like the June 24th deadline is do-able.
Alex got home from camping early yesterday afternoon. He is going to take part in an energy program offered through Wyoming Energy & NASA during the month of July. It takes place Mon-Thurs starting July 5th and then they will have 2 weekend field trips. One of the trips is to Denver and the other is to the wind farm near Cheyenne, during which they will build an actual wind turbine. This is an amazing experience for the middle school kids in the state and it is being offered free of charge thanks to some energy grant funds. I am glad that we found this program as it will give him something constructive to do, besides watching TV while Tracey & I are at work.
Today Kendal sanded the dry-wall in my Scrap Shack and then Tracey did the 2nd layer of mud. Alex mowed the lawn and then placed the cages around the tomatoes while Tracey was weeding the rest of the garden. This evening the boys had Scouts, so Denver & I hitched a ride to the church and then walked home. Poor Denver was "dying" by the time we got to the railroad tracks, which was about the time the mosquitoes came out in SWARMS.
Well I hope that everyone enjoyed their long weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment