Sunday, September 20, 2009

Wonderful Fall Evenings

I love it when the weather starts to change from summer to fall, because that is when the nights turn to cool even though it is warm during the day. For the past several nights I have opened up the house enabling the house to really cool down. While I still turn on the air-conditioner during the day it very rarely actually runs because the house stays cool for most of the day. This morning the thermostat read 62 degrees when I let Denver out for his morning potty break!

Things have been very busy the past 2 weeks and we are in the middle of football season. The boys are both really enjoying the game this year and are both doing a GREAT job of playing their specific positions. For the past 2 weeks the THS Blazers have proved the area newspapers wrong and have won their games. This week they beat the Cody team which was ranked #3 in the state for 3-A teams!!! Alex's 7th grade team is undefeated, while he plays on the B-team he has a great time and they seem to be enjoying more success in comparision to the A-team. Yesterday his game was in Chadron, unfortunately I was unable to go since I am on-call this weekend. Thankfully Mom, Lori, James, Becky & the kiddos were all able to go and cheer him on. Becky even took pictures, THANKs Beck!!!!

Yesterday I took a digital photography class. It was alot of fun and I learned of a FREE photo editing program that can be down-loaded from Google!!It was a beautiful day to be outside and there was a dog walk going on in the park where the class was held so there was a lot of fun things to photograph. Last night I sat down at my desk and got 4 pages done in Alex's scrapbook. Next weekend I am participating in a day-long crop at our local scrapbook store. There are going to be some make/takes; demos on some new products and also some classes. I am so excited for the day, Becky is planning to come and my guys will be hunting/camping for the opening weekend of rifle antelope season!!!!

Today at church our choir had to opportunity to perform with Ken Medema, he is a blind christian composer/pianist. What an AMAZING experience. I must say that it was something which I will never forget.

Well I am going to try and read another chapter in the newest Jodi Picoult book before it is time to head back to church for the concert. I hope that everyone has a nice day and enjoys the upcoming week.

2 comments:

beckyw said...

OMG YOU have the new J. Picoult book?????? NOW, hurry up and read it so I can borrow! Can't wait for our weekend!!!

Debbie said...

I see you got the FB photos. I took a picture of him carrying the ball, and said to Becky "I will take this picture but we won't know who it is because of course he was under the pile". And I was right I can't find him, but they were fun to watch.