So it has been nearly 2 weeks since my last posting and ALOT has happened at the Colsons'. Kendal's baseball season has officially come to an end. They lost a heart-breaking 2nd game @ District's in Laramie on Saturday, 7/25. Alex and I did make the drive to watch the final game of the season, unfortunately Tracey had to work.
That night we celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary eating our first homecooked meal in our new home! Yes that is correct, we closed on our house on Monday 7/20th and we started moving the very next day. Since Tracey was off from work we made a total of 5 trips to town with the truck & the trailer which he borrowed from one of his buddies from work. Slowly we were able to get the rental house & the garage emptied. Yesterday the boys & I spent my day off cleaning the house & mowing the lawn. Tracey is going out tomorrow to replace the screens in the storm doors and on Thursday the crew will clean the carpets. As soon as that is done I will meet with the realtor to do a walk-through so that we can get our deposit back.
The kitchen & bathrooms are unpacked, the dining room & upstairs living room are set up. Even though it took 3 days we have all 3 of our beds set-up. Next on our list of things to do is unpack & organize everything in the garage & the shed in order to start the remodel on the "Scrap Shack"!!!! I am really liking the central air which the house has & the boys' favorite features are the dishwasher and their own bathroom.
On Thursday Kendal & I will be making a trip to Hemingford to attend the funeral of one of his former classmates. She was killed in a single car roll-over on early Sunday morning. Please keep the 2010 class of Hemingford in your thoughts & prayers. This is the 2nd classmate which has passed-away.
It is time to switch the laundry and hit the hay. If any of you are in the area give me a call, I would love to give you a tour of our new home!
1 comment:
Our prayers are with the Hemingford class of 2010, and with their families.... great to hear from ya on the blogs..... sending you LOTS of HUGS! I am coming down sooon! I PROMISE!!! Believe me, the desire is there, just constant obsticles! HUGS!!!!!!
Post a Comment