Friday, April 23, 2010

Let it Rain!!!!

April showers bring May flowers!!!! I do believe that I should have some mighty amazing flowers as much rain as we have gotten in the past 48 hrs. I know that we got just over an inch yesterday and at least that much if not more today. Alex and Tracey are very happy about the rain since they planted the early stuff in the garden Tuesday night and we should have an awesome onion and garlic crop.
Tonight Tracey, Alex & I went to Scottsbluff and bought the last 3 rolls of insulation and 19 sheets of dry wall. The dry wall is on sale and plus a $2/sheet rebate and we also get $3/ roll rebate for the insulation. The rebate is a Menards gift card, but we figure that we can use that money for the electrical outlets and the rest of the stuff we will need for the dry wall. Today I got a great find at work, the front office got new chairs for a couple of the girls and were giving away 2 chairs. Well I scoped them out and snapped them up!! Yes, I got 2 FREE chairs for the Scrap Shack, what a deal!!!!!
Alex's track meet for tomorrow was cancelled and yesterday's was postponed until Monday, thanks to the rain. Kendal works tonight and tomorrow night, which are their busiest nights. Actually he is not even home as I write this post.
Since there is no track meet tomorrow I plan to sleep in and then finish the laundry. I am also going to prep the kitchen for paint. Nannie and the boys are coming over on Sunday afternoon to help me paint the kitchen.
Kendal has baseball tryouts on Sunday afternoon. After a great deal of thought and a HUGE heart to heart with Tracey he has decided to not play this summer and instead is going to be assistant coach for one of the Babe Ruth teams. This is a big step towards adulthood for him, he has always been great with kids so hopefully he takes this as a serious opportunity.
Tracey has been suffer from a horrible toothache for the past couple weeks. Yesterday he went to the dentist and she wouldn't pull the tooth because the space between the root & his sinus cavity was very tight. There is a large peice of the tooth broke off and it is infected so he is on an antibiotic and frequent doses of Darvocet. He has an appointment to see Dr Black, the oral surgeon in Scottsbluff on Monday, and hopefully will be getting the tooth pulled shortly there after. He has spent a great deal of time bonding with the heating pad in the past 24 hours to help make the pain tolerable.
Well it is time to hit the hay. Have a great weekend and enjoy the rain!

No comments: