Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WOW!!!!

Let me start by saying that I am SO GLAD that Alex is the only child I will have to do fund-raising for a DC trip for !!!!! The past 2 weeks have been CRAZY and the end is at least 3 weeks away. The final whirlwind of activities is about to go into overdrive. The auction is 10 days away and parents are starting to worry about their child's account balance. This process has been going on since Sept and I am thinking that it is a tad late to be worrying about major fundraising numbers if you haven't been on top of it all this time. Okay, enough of my ranting for tonight!
Kendal has taken a 180 degree turn in his plans for the future. This afternoon we met with the Army recruiter and he has agreed to go forward with them as his way to serve his country and carve his pathway to success. This came way out of Left field and I am still in a state of surprise. Tracey called me at work this afternoon and told me that the recruiter would be stopping by at 6:00 this evening. Well I didn't get off work until 3:30 instead of the original plan of 1:30 so I headed home to do some MAJOR power cleaning to the kitchen & living room. About 5 minutes after I got home Kendal returns from getting Alex and tells me that the recruiter is driving to our house from across town. Insert PANIC, I didn't even get the dishwasher loaded before he arrived. I will shorten the rest of the events and conclude with the fact that there is a completed (nearly) Army background form on my dining room table and Kendal is ready to proceed. I have to admit that this recruiter seems much more focused on getting showing Kendal what he needs to do every step of the way, even working out with him if needed to making weight goal. That is another +, he measured Kendal and he is 4% below the Army's target BFI !!!!
Final weigh-in is next Tuesday! Wow the past 11 weeks has flown by!! I will be interested to see how the rest of my team has done in addition to the many others who have spent so much time trying to improve themselves!
Well it is nearly 10:00 and that 5:15 alarm sure does come early!!!

No comments: